From our iconic Boho Chic feel, to our modern Glass Tower look, Rohit Communities has been specializing in interior design for decades. By drawing inspiration from cultures all over the world, understanding our customers, and staying up to date on the latest trends, we work together to create magazine-worthy looks that allow your personality to shine through in your home! What are these professionally curated looks called? We call them Designer Interiors.
Once landscaping has been completed on your home, there is maintenance that is required immediately to make sure that your investment is not wasted and that your property will stay looking beautiful for years to come. To help you, we have come up with several landscaping tips to ensure that your yard stays beautiful and healthy for the long run.
- Immediately water your lawn after laying it. You should water it to the point where the soil is wet to a depth of 1” below the sod.
- Make sure that the entire lawn is well watered. Don’t forget corners and edges, as they dry out faster than the centre of the lawn and are often missed by sprinklers! As well, areas against the house of heat-reflecting surfaces dry out faster and may need extra water.
- Your lawn needs about an inch of water per week (rain included) during the summer. Be careful though, as infrequent, light watering prevents deep root growth and overwatering saturates the soil and prevents air from getting to the roots. Ensure that you are watering evenly and slowly so that water has a chance to penetrate the soil without running off.
- Water the lawn in the mornings and evenings, as mid-day watering can actually burn your lawn and it also uses more water as it is lost to evaporation.
- Follow the schedule below for the first three weeks to optimize your lawn health:
- Before any mowing, ensure that your mower blades are sharp, as dull blades will tear the grass, increasing water loss and making it more prone to disease. We recommend that you use a mulching lawnmower, as it distributes finely cut grass back on to the lawn where it fertilizes the lawn naturally.
- Grass should be mowed to a height of 2-3” (5-8 cm). Having too tall of grass can thin out your lawn and make it susceptible to weed infestations.
- Never remove more than one third of the grass height at once.
General Lawn Tips
- Some sod already comes fertilized, so check with your sod provider about what needs to be done, if anything at all. If you are applying fertilizer, never apply it on damp grass, as it will burn your lawn.
- Stay off of the sod as much as possible for the first month or so as the roots take hold. If you do need to be on the lawn, try to walk in different paths so that one section does not get compacted more than others.
New Tree Maintenance
- For ten days after installation, water your new tree anytime the soil is dry 3-4” below the lawn surface.
- If your tree looks wilted, it is either from over-watering or under-watering. If you are unsure, water the tree well. The leaves should perk up in a few hours. If the leaves do not, then the tree was over watered, so wait some time before watering the tree any further.
Please note: These tips are meant to be a guideline only. Talk to your landscaper for professional advice and for any further questions you may have.