#RohitDIY: Green Living Terrarium
Do you dream of inhaling the crisp Rocky Mountain air, strolling through farmers’ markets in the summer sun, or exploring new cities by bicycle? Our Green Living lifestyle board is inspired by nature and the desire to reduce our impact on the environment, all elements of this style were chosen for their beauty and environmentally conscious properties.
Just like our Green Living home this DIY will help you, and the planet, breathe easy. Succulents purify the air in your home! Studies have also shown that having indoor plants improves concentration and boosts mood. They can also grow virtually anywhere and require little care!
- A container of your choice (mason jars, tea cups, old vases… the world is your oyster!)
- Decorative rocks
- Potting Soil
- Succulent Plants or cacti
- Pour an inch or two of rocks onto the bottom of your container, depending on the depth.
- Add the soil – succulents have a shallow root system, so they don’t need tons!
- Create a space for your first plant, remove the succulent from its original container and place it in the soil. Cover with more fresh soil.
- Repeat this step until all your succulents are planted.
- Top with some fresh soil
- Add another layer of decorative rock
Seriously, that’s it! Place your terrarium in a sunny spot and water every occasionally, allowing the soil to dry out completely between watering.