#RohitDIY: Homemade for the Holidays
Home is where the heart is – and in kitchen’s that are as elegant as they are functional! Enjoy holiday prep that has never been easier with large kitchen island, quartz countertops (say goodbye to high maintenance counters!) and exceptional flow throughout your workspace, thanks to our architects who design with you in mind. You’ll have no problem making the holidays merry and bright!
Have you always loved the idea of gifting your friends and family something homemade? We know just how overwhelming Pinterest can feel, so we’ve got a great holiday DIY to share! The best part – it doesn’t take hours to make! So, you can get back to putting your feet up by the fire and sipping on hot chocolate in no time.
Oatmeal Lavender Soap
- Melt and pour soap (you can find this at most craft stores, we used the goats milk variety, but you can also go with shea butter or a glycerin blend).
- Lavender essential oil
- Dried lavender
- Rolled oats
- Soap mold or silicone baking mold
- Glass measuring cup
- Cut up the soap into small pieces and place in a glass measuring cup
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until fully melted
- Add 12-15 drops of lavender essential oil, stir
- Add a couple pinches of dried lavender, stir
- Pour in some oats, stir
- Pour soap into molds
- Sprinkle with some oats and dried lavender
- Let sit for 40 minutes before popping out of the molds
Tie them up with some ribbon to gift to your lucky family and friends!
Be sure to tuck a bar or two into your master ensuite, so you can unwind from the busy holiday season.